Arborfield and Barkham are working together to produce a Neighbourhood Plan.
Some residents may remember that this project was started about 5 years ago, but work on the Neighbourhood Plan at that time was overtaken by the uncertainties associated with development proposed at Arborfield Garrison and by the Arborfield Bypass consultation. Both these issues are now more settled, and work on the Neighbourhood Plan was restarted about 18 months ago.
With the Borough Council now in the process of developing the Local Plan Update, which will guide the future development of Wokingham Borough up to 2036, this is a very good time to be gathering our opinions and sharing them with the Borough Council.
Latest News - Call for Views
When considering possible future development across Arborfield and Barkham Parishes we must take full account of how any such developments will impact views of our countryside. Views reflect the geography, geology, natural environment and man-made features of the landscape. Development should blend in to the landscape, not to impose on it.
We would like to hear about the views that are important to you, those that may be enhanced and those you fear may be jeopardised by development. There are many important and much loved views around the two parishes and we have begun by listing some of them:
• View from Arborfield Cross looking towards The Coombes
• View from Barkham Road, approaching the bridge, looking across Field Farm
• The rhododendron avenue along Bearwood Road
• Views from Sindlesham Road and Mole Road towards The Coombes and Carters Hill
• Open fields in South Barkham looking to/from Barkham Square
• The view from Coppid Hill looking south across open fields
• The chestnut avenue between Church Lane, Arborfield and the old churchyard
• Views from footpath AN17 adjacent to Arborfield Court
• View of Carter’s Hill House in its setting
Please suggest others.
Respond toand attach any photographs if you wish.
NP Steering Group
Website Design by KJ-H Web Design www.kj-h.biz